For many of us, our normal routines have been very different over the past month; however, one thing that doesn’t change is kids still need to see their pediatrician. To meet this need, you can now schedule a telemedicine visit with your Northside Pediatric provider and never have to leave your house. All you need is a computer, tablet or smart phone, and we can now make a virtual “house call.” During your visit, you will meet with your provider via Updox (a HIPPA compliant platform for face-to-face video chat). We will discuss your child’s symptoms, evaluate your child with your help, give medical advice, and electronically send in necessary prescriptions. Some of the illnesses that we can treat safely through these virtual visits include:
- Gastroenteritis (“stomach bug”)
- Minor injuries
- Seasonal allergies
- Suspected sinus infections/colds
- Medication management for ADHD and mood disorders
To schedule a telemedicine visit, just our call our office. After a brief symptom screening to ensure the visit is appropriate for telemedicine, your child will be booked into an appointment timeframe (i.e. 2:00 – 2:30p). After booking, you will get a Phreesia appointment notification with a telemedicine consent form which must be signed before the visit starts. During your appointment window, a quick text or email provides a link for you to access via computer, tablet or smart phone and voila – your doctor or nurse practitioner is in your home!
Of course, not every visit can be done via telemedicine, so when you do need to visit our office, please know that your safety is of the utmost importance to us. We have the following measures in place to keep our patients, our staff and our community healthy.
- Day is split into well children in a.m. and sick in p.m and some days we will convert to all telemedicine appts after 3pm.
- PPE worn for *all* visits including well by staff and providers, N95 masks/gowns with special entrance precautions for suspected COVID patients
- Rooms cleaned with germicidal and viricidal cleaners in between all patients
- WAM walk in canceled until virus abates
- Staff stays home if ill, temperatures being taken by us all before work
- We are limiting number of people in office to child/children being seen and one caregiver (exceptions made if this is impossible…we get it)
- Limiting time in waiting rooms and seating for spacing > 6ft.
We consider you all a part of the Northside Pediatric Family…and like your family, we are working hard to stay healthy and will provide the best care as always for your kids. We are excited to offer telemedicine as one more way to do this. Also, continue to check our Facebook page and Instagram pages for evidence based medicine information for your families and some fun stuff too! Let us know if you have any questions, ideas, concerns – we are here for you.